There are lots of affiliate programs available to choose from, but one that stands out is the Amazon Affiliate program. Let’s take a look at some reasons why you may want to consider the Amazon Affiliate program.
1. Amazon is a name you can trust – In fact, it’s a name that consumers have trusted for a very long time. For you, that can mean more revenue, as they are much more likely to purchase from Amazon and you will enjoy the benefits in commissions.
2. Easy to integrate – Amazon provides a number of plugins, tools and different methods of linking to products that makes it is easy for you to integrate your affiliate links into your website or blog. You can use image links, text links or a combination of the two and you can link to a specific product, link to a specific page and more.
3. Holidays are special income boosters – The holiday seasons always give you the most sales and advertising fees from Amazon. The major season starts in October and peaks in December, which makes December the hottest month on Amazon. Other special days like Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, Easter, Father's Day and Independence Day also add a boost in sales. Enjoy!
4. Think of Amazon as an investment – What I mean is that the more time you invest in your Amazon business, the more you will gain from it. Increase the number of accesses to the products and you increase the opportunity to generate more revenue.
5. Wide selection of products – Amazon has an endless number of products and what that means for you is that when you have selected your niche, you will have no problem in finding products that fit into that niche. You are not limited by the products you have to choose from. Amazon has both digital and physical products to promote, so you have many choices. In contrast, Clickbank has only digital products.
6. Commission increases with sales – This was covered in detail in the previous post, but I feel it is worth a summary here. The general sales commission is 4 percent, but with just the sale of seven items the commission jumps to 6 percent. That means you can focus on big ticket items but to get to that higher percentage you can sell cheaper items. Your commission rate can actually go up to 8.5 percent. Be sure to review the commission schedule on the Amazon site.
7. Adding links to your website or blog is easy – It has never been easier to insert links in your content or articles. It’s simply a matter of 'copy and paste' to put the HTML link code in place. It is a simple process that anyone can do, without any special skills or understanding.
I have provided seven reasons why you may want to consider the Amazon affiliate program, if you want to make money online. It's up to you to take the action to follow up.