Login to your Amazon account, click on Links & Banners tab, select the type of link that you want and follow Amazon instructions to create your links. Your Amazon Affiliate ID will automatically be included in all of the links generated.
- You can build a link to any page at Amazon using their "Link to Any Page" tool. Here is a working sample link for linking to Any Page for digital camera products.
- You can create links to popular pages at Amazon using their Link to Favorite Products tool. This working sample link takes you to Best Seller Camera products,
- Generate a product direct link to a product by selecting the product and use the ASIN/ISBN # to generate the code. This is a sample "Product Direct Link" for a Sony Digital Camera.
- Create links based on search-results, using Amazon's "Link to Search Results" tool. This is a great way to direct visitors to a long list of products related to your Web site's topic.
- You have the option to generate Text Links only or Image Links or a combination of Text and Image in the form of a Widget.
You can select the kind of banners you would like to display on your site. For optimal performance, place the banners near the top of your most frequently visited pages. Banners created using Adobe Flash will not work on mobile devices.
- Easy Links Banners - Easy Links are high-converting promotional and announcement banners that Amazon puts directly to your site. Amazon automatically rotates the banners each time your page is loaded, therefore, your pages will always look fresh. To create Easy Links, choose a size you want, and then copy the Easy Link code into the HTML code for your Web site.
- Rotating Banners by Category - Rotating banners campaigns are sets of high-performing banner advertisements. Each time your page is viewed, the actual banner displayed will be chosen from the rotating banner set you selected.
- Banner links by category - The Banner Links page provides a list of all Amazon product categories. Select a category which fits your website topic, select the banner and size, then copy and paste the banner code into your website.
- Product Specific Banners - In this example, Select Banner Links, Category and then select the banner and size to fit your website. Copy and paste the banner code into your website. This is also the same process to get Amazon Best Seller Banners.
- Set and Forget Banners by Big Events & Festivals - Seasonal banners update based on the seasonally relevant promotions by holiday and/or category. Add the code once and Amazon will automatically display the latest seasonal events/offers, with no further updates needed by you!
You should track and review the different types of linking you use in your website to determine which type is most effective. Once you have determined this fact, then concentrate on this type of linking in all future promotions. Amazon provides you the capability to create your tracking IDs and be able to see what works best.
I don't want to influence your tracking, but many Amazon Affiliates prefer linking directly to the product page.
If this post has been helpful to you, leave us a comment below.
Watch for our next Marketing Tips post.