As you may already know, the Amazon Affiliate Program provides an excellent way to build a steady revenue source as an online marketer. There are a number of ways to promote Amazon products with your web site, but another method that works very well is to promote your Amazon product or products in articles.
Here are the steps to do just that:
1. Login to your Amazon Affiliate account.
2. Once you are logged in, you will need to choose the product you want to sell. Remember, you want to promote a best selling product with a 4-star rating review and sells for over $100.
For an example, let's Browse for a Product (Associates Central page), select a category of Camera & Photo and then we will select a sub-category of Point-and-Shoot Cameras. This brings up a list of different brands of point-and-shoot cameras to choose from. Now, we will click on a Nikon COOLPIX L830 16 MP CMOS Digital Camera (which costs over $100) to check the review rating. This brings up the product page, with all the details and review rating, which shows this camera has a review rating of 4.8 stars out of 5 (with 432 customer reviews), and meets our criteria of a product having a 4-star rating or higher review.
This process can be used for selecting any Amazon product for promotion.
3. Now that the product has been selected, you need to click on the Get Link button to copy the product link code which will contain your affiliate ID. Amazon makes this an easy process for you.
4. Now copy and paste the link code somewhere in your document as a temporary holding place, which will be inserted later in the Article Resource Box. Another option for holding this link code temporarily is to paste it into your Windows Notepad and then copy and paste it into the resource box when you are ready. I use this second option for most of my work.
5. Now is the time to start the process of writing your product review. Make sure that you provide detail. Write about the good and the bad, the pros and the cons. Read the reviews on the Amazon product page for buyer's opinions. For some products, it may be useful to make product comparisons. Make your article between 300 and 500 words. Don’t go much over 500 words because you may lose your reader due to their attention span.
6. Now that your product review is written, it is time to put your article on the web for others to read. There are a number of article banks out there, but Ezine Articles, which is found at http://www.ezineartlces.com is one of the most popular and recommended. If you do not yet have an account here, or at any of the other article banks you wish to use, then you need to create an account. You will need to provide your profile information and a photo helps, so your customers can feel like they know you better.
Here are ten of the most popular article banks on the internet, in alphabetical order:
7. Paste your article into the ezine and format it to look good in the ezine. Now is the time to paste the product link code (which you saved earlier) into the signature line or Resource Box of your article.
If you want to promote another product then repeat the steps again. The 7-step process above can be applied to any Amazon product promotion with ezine articles.
If you don’t like to write or you are not a good freelance writer, there are many sites online where you can outsource the writing of your article. This is an excellent way to ensure you get a top quality article.
The Amazon Affiliate Program does offer you an excellent opportunity to earn online income and with a little work, you can turn this into a full time income business.
If you need to learn more on article marketing, checkout Article Marketing: Learn The Strategies Of Article Marketing And Get The Best Result
If this post has been helpful to you, leave us a comment below.
Watch for our next Marketing Tips post on Amazon Affiliate marketing.