The Best Seller technique isn’t new. Many businesses will create a best seller list for their promotions. The book industry and music industry have been doing it for decades. Amazon uses best seller lists as well! Amazon makes it easy for an affiliate to promote their best sellers in many different categories.
If you are a free thinker, you may want to think outside the box and create your own Best Seller list. Regardless of how you come up with your Best Seller List, you can promote it on your blog, in your articles, through email marketing or among your content on your website.
Your bestseller list should contain 6 to 10 products in your category. You can have one or more categories.
Why Best Seller Lists Work Well
- Consumers love to be part of trends. They want what others have.
- Even though we claim we are unique individuals, the truth is, we are social creatures and like to know what others are doing.
- As individuals, we are by nature lazy and love short cuts to find something that appeals to us.
- There seems to be a certain kind of wisdom that occurs in crowds. We like to be part of the crowd.
There are various results you can expect from your bestseller list.
- Sales – Each time you promote a list, you should see an increase in your sales on Amazon. Of course, this is based on you having selected the right Amazon link code for the specific item you are promoting.
- Conversion – While conversion rates vary, you should enjoy a conversion rate increase over what you had prior to creating your list. Track your conversion rate prior to adding a best seller list for comparison (before and after).
- More Commission – A higher conversion rate means more sales, and more sales means that Amazon will increase the commission rate owed to you for sales. Increased sales potentially has the ability to increase your commission rate from 4% to 6% since you are required to only sell 7 items for the jump to occur.
We have described an effective technique, but you want to get the maximum time out of your best seller list. You don’t want to have to be changing your list weekly as this requires time. A better option is to choose items for your list that will stay popular for a minimum of a 4 week period. Some items will be a best seller for a long time, so take advantage of that as well.
Click Here to learn how to Build a custom Amazon Associates store with 1000's of items in minutes!
If this post has been helpful to you, leave us a comment below.
Watch for our next Marketing Tips post.